Bins are used for much more than identifying inventory locations. Bins are embedded within SIMMS 2014 to manage stock movement and inventory transactions including finished goods processing, receiving, physical inventory counting, picking, and even manufacturing material issues as well as in fixed/random/temporary forms. Staging bins allow a high degree of flexibility for practically any size of business, regardless of the configuration of its warehouse.
Optimally, picking methods minimize employee movement while dramatically increasing the number of orders that can be picked during each shift. Bins can be arranged using a single precedence or with separate precedences for manufacturing and distribution.
The management of bins include the following approaches:
• A bin can be locked down during put-away or picking;
• An unlimited number of bins can be defined per warehouse;
• Any bin type can be defined as a temporary bin, which is automatically deleted when quantities are depleted;
• Bins are assigned to warehouse locations and zones within the warehouse;
• Bins are integrated with customer returns processing, purchase order receiving, packing, physical inventory counts, picking, and shipping, as well as and additional stock processes like inventory transfers and manufacturing;
• Bins can be flagged to exclude quantities from available on-hand inventories. This is useful when receiving products for inspection or quarantine;
• Define preferred bins for specific items;
• Inquiries and reports provide audit trails to view inventory transactions from bin to bin location;
• Pick sheets can notify warehouse personnel to empty bins during picking or to empty random bins first.
• Specify volume, weight, and count cycle for bins;
• Staging bins can be used to temporarily hold items that decrease inventory but are not used in transactions. A staging bin can contain any item and multiple items simultaneously. Items in staging bins are considered on-hand for valuation but are not available for fulfillment;
• Use fixed bins for items that are always stored in a specific bin location;
• Use random bins for items that may be stocked in various bin locations within the warehouse.
• SIMMS Export to Accounting Module is compatible with: QuickBooks (US,Canadian, On-line and Australia Versions 2010 or newer), Simply Accounting Canadian 2010 or newer, and MYOB Australian Versions 2010 or newer.
• Export all your SIMMS Inventory Software customers into QuickBooks, Simply Accounting or MYOB. Changes made to SIMMS customers can be synchronized.
• Create a QuickBooks, Simply Accounting or MYOB invoice automatically from invoices created in SIMMS
• Export any/all of the following SIMMS items into QuickBooks, Simply Accounting or MYOB: service items, inventory parts, non-inventory parts.
• Easily update your item code (part number), item description, sales price, purchase cost, default vendor, reorder point and of course, your on-hand quantity from SIMMS Inventory Software to QuickBooks, Simply Accounting or MYOB.
• Freedom to pick and choose transactions to include in the Synch.
• Generate QuickBooks, Simply Accounting or MYOB bills based on receipts of goods entered in SIMMS Inventory Software.
• Import and/or update all of your defined SIMMS Inventory Software Tax Codes and Groups into QuickBooks, Simply Accounting or MYOB.
• Export all your SIMMS Inventory Software vendors into QuickBooks, Simply Accounting or MYOB. Changes made to SIMMS vendors can be synchronized to QuickBooks, Simply Accounting or MYOB.
• Easily print apparel item barcodes for every item on a receipt of goods on-the-fly and generate apparel item tags.
• Print barcodes for all items from a receipt of goods and/or print barcodes for an entire category of items.
• Print location barcode labels, either one location at a time or add all locations in your system. Location labels enable the scanning of location codes during transactions. A hand-held data collector can make inventory management much easier by eliminating the possibility of user error.
• Print serialized barcodes from our easy-to-use barcode interface, including items’ manufacturer’s lot numbers.
• Several barcode formats are supported, and labels can be exported to an external Crystal Report for easy adjustments and/or layout changes. 2D barcoding is supported, providing the ability to select what information should be included in the 2D barcode, e.g. item number, item description, UPC, quantity and manufacturer’s lot. The 2D barcode escape code parameters can be set using the Advanced Barcode Printer Setup.
• With barcoding as part of your solution, you have the freedom to utilize scanners in order to reduce data entry errors. Remote data collectors with the SIMMS Windows Mobile program can also be used in order to unchain yourself from your desk so you can inventory your warehouse then synch with SIMMS.
• Award items to one supplier or split them between several suppliers.
• Create an RFQ from an existing requisition, or simply enter your bid items and selected vendors.
• Create unique vendor access through a web portal with username and password for immediate responses.
• Determine the lowest cost and terms for an order.
• Generate a bid analysis sheet to assist in supplier appraisal.
• Generate RFQ requests direct from the Item Replenishment Module.
• Input manually or generate from existing order or remote request.
• Manage highly complex non-commodity buying, as well as easier to manage commodity buying.
• Manually input goods or services required or select from an item file.
• Produce pick lists of relevant suppliers based upon cross-referenced criteria.
• Record suppliers’ responses including price and lead times.
• Show a supplier’s performance statistics from previous RFQs.
• Affiliate specific items with particular processes so that when they are repeated for another customer, the processes can be saved as templates.
• Assign prefixes to repair orders to continue your decided naming/ numbering scheme.
• Combine multiple purchase orders into one shipment from your suppliers.
• Estimate service jobs for both item costs and dedicated usage of workers.
• Examine whether your billing amount for service remains within your desired revenue structure by examining the detailed variance reports.
• Generate purchase orders that remain dedicated to the repair order for which they were created.
• Keep records of actual time and labor to assess the best use of materials and workers in each process.
• Receive from dedicated purchase orders and bring the materials contained directly to the service department where they are needed.
• Schedule and manage the time taken for each step of each service process to give your customers accurate breakdowns of the work performed.
• Track the dates of each repair order for accurate information requests to satisfy your customers.
The SIMMS Windows Mobile Program is an optional module designed to work seamlessly with the already powerful SIMMS Inventory Management software. This module is a remote data collecting software solution that addresses the need to connect quickly with customer and vendor data, track your stockroom inventory, complete physical count adjustments, receive and issue items all remotely and effortlessly without hurting your pocketbook.
SIMMS software’s Windows Mobile Program works on Windows Mobile-based devices (smart phones or data collectors). It helps you save time and eliminate human error in tallying product totals, while completing transactions remotely free from the boundaries of your computer. You gain the flexibility of walking through your warehouse and processing inventory physical counts on-the-fly by transmitting the data directly into SIMMS Inventory Management Software (either in batch mode uploads or live via wireless LAN/WAN).
With the SIMMS Windows Mobile Program on your windows mobile device you can easily complete your invoices, receipts of goods, inventory transfers, physical count adjustments, you can even create items on-the-fly when using the device in live wireless mode.
Employees simply scan codes on the orders and all of the information is passed to SIMMS Software right away (if wireless live mode is enabled). If batch mode is your preference, all data on the Windows Mobile device is synchronized with the SIMMS system in just minutes.
There is no need to process inventory, receipts of goods, item transfers and invoices when chained to your desk. You are now free to roam your office, warehouse or branches completing these tasks easily and remotely. With the SIMMS Windows Mobile Program, you have the flexibility to choose your hardware and your budget.
SIMMS provides a complete inventory management solution for you, controlling inventory, tracking items, ensuring adequate supplies, increasing warehouse productivity, and significantly reducing paper flow. SIMMS Software’s ability to input and track manufacturer’s serial numbers, generate and print internal barcodes, and track true costs and warranties sets it apart from any other inventory system.
Inventory Control Software that is easy to configure and customize
SIMMS is easy for any user to configure and customize utilizing several user-defined fields available within the program, eliminating the need to change lines of code at installation. This translates into a reduction of implementation time, and eliminates the possibility of bugs being added inadvertently. Now there is finally the option of giving any business all the help it will ever need in terms of complete inventory control. Your business can have that affordable yet powerful inventory management program that you have always wanted.
See what you sold, what you need to order and what should be left in stock. SIMMS can be interfaced with various portable data collectors and your computer. It captures the data from these devices, automatically updates the database, sends the information directly to SIMMS all with a touch of a button. SIMMS’ inventory control maximizes your inventory management benefits.
The best inventory managers know when they’ve got a great product at a great value, and they make the best margins on it. If you’d like to average 10% margins through the year on a particular product, it means you better make 15% margin on the factory-fresh models, to make up for the older units you will inevitably sell for 5%. Have discipline around your pricing systems, so that the newest and best units (the most valuable) are priced accordingly.
Amongst SIMMS 2014′s many features are its wide-ranging capabilities with multi-currency. For example:
Multi-Currency in Inventory Control
• Assign a default currency for any inventory item.
• Conduct Business using different buy and sell rates.
• Associate unique vendor pricing and indicate specific currencies to
be used for vendors.
Multi-Currency in Purchase Orders and Receipt of Goods
• Vendor’s currency identified and reflected in transactions.
• The ability to over-ride the default vendor currency at the transaction stage.
Multi-Currency in Order Entry
• Integrated in sales order processing, invoicing and quoting — the
customer’s currency is identified and reflected in transactions.
Multi-Currency in Accounts Payable
• Assign a default currency for each vendor and change defaults
at any time.
• Assign currencies to individual checking accounts and print checks
in that currency.
• Display your customer transactions in the currency assigned to
them or your base currency.
• Print your customer statements to reflect your base currency or the
Multi-Currency in Accounts Receivable
• Assign a default currency for each customer and change defaults
at any time.
• Your customer can now pay in whatever currency you have pre-configured in SIMMS. This enables you to process payment for part of a customer sale in one currency and select an alternate currency.
For more information on your multi-currency needs, visit us at www.simmssoftware.com.