To all our customers and friends, let us always remember the sacrifice made for our freedom from tyranny this Veterans/Remembrance Day.
From all of us at KCSI, we extend our best Thanksgiving wishes to all of our Canadian clients and partners!
From all of us at KCSI, have a happy and safe Canada Day!
Serial number tracking with SIMMS manages an unlimited amount of serial numbers from the time they are received into inventory until the time they are issued. This information is permanently recorded in the system, allowing inventory control personnel access to a wealth of historical and validation information.
The information maintained by the Serial Number Tracking System is extremely helpful when returning a defective item to your vendor or when verifying a returned item from your customer.
There will be no more endless searching through filing cabinets when you have the SIMMS Inventory Management system. Instead, the information is right at your fingertips, saving you both time and money.
With SIMMS, you can:
- Assign serial numbers to items during or immediately following receipt of goods
- Assign serial numbers to your finished kit builds
- Automatically generate your serial numbers or secondary user serial numbers with ease
- Drill down and view serial numbers related to items received or transferred and/or sold
- Easily assign serial numbers for kit components during a kit build
- Easily assign/sell serial numbers during or following the invoice
- Easily select serial numbers during an inventory transfer
- Gives you complete control of your stock
- Improves returns process
- Integrate barcode reader for items with serial number barcodes
- Makes the task of trace and recall easy
- Serial numbers can be entered/sold randomly or sequentially
- Report on serial number activity by date, location or serial number
- Trace a serial number in the system in little time
- Track specific cost by serial number sold
Whether you manage a warehouse and track serial numbers every hour of your job or wish to analyze sales using serial numbers as a criterion of importance, SIMMS is perfect for your needs. As an example of current software that is both easy to install, easy to use and which gives you access from anywhere at any time on any computing platform, SIMMS constantly evolves and improves based on suggestions and ideas from its developers, its testers, and its users all around the world.
For more on SIMMS’ Serial Number capabilities, click the following link:
SIMMS’ Software Replenishment module helps you manage demand/backordered quantities on sales orders. After a sales order contains backordered items, the items are then listed in the Replenishment Module. This module is designed to process all backorders and items that have reached their reorder points. The Replenishment Module promotes the creation of batch purchase orders that are based on stock reorder values and customers’ demand quantities on transactions.
Serving as an enhancement of the Backorder Manager, you can monitor and manage items’ most pressing order needs in an easy and quick fashion.
In order to be successful, meeting the demands that your clients have is of crucial importance. Overstocking produces lower profit margins, higher storage costs, and aged goods remaining on your shelves; conversely, when clients cannot get items in time you lose sales and possibly the clients as well. SIMMS’ Replenishment module helps you calculate these delicate balances so you always have the stock you need but never have warehouses sitting idle with stock – in short, you achieve proper inventory management — the very goal of the SIMMS Inventory system.
Lead times for vendors and the cost of overhead are factored into the equation, and other items often received from those same vendors allow you to maximize your ordering and re-ordering. The automatic creation of purchase orders, streamlining of reduced cost, and management of employee time allow you to physically manage your inventory so that it always is where it needs to be.
In today’s apparel market, retailers and consumers push for lower prices, better quality and quicker delivery. To stay ahead, the apparel industry has responded with technology, innovative systems and information. SIMMS meets these challenges with our leading edge Apparel Inventory Software solutions that will help you compete and grow profitably today and in the future.
The SIMMS Apparel/Embroidery Software is designed to help apparel importers, distributors and manufacturers meet the competitive demands of quick supply demands and limited capital availability.
Our apparel clients include manufacturers, importers and distributors of men’s and ladies’ fashion and sportswear, children’s clothing, leisure wear, lingerie, foundation garments, swim wear, jeans, t-shirts and furriers.
SIMMS has been designed to ensure that your business has timely and accurate information on inventory location, movement and valuation in order to control and safeguard your inventory. From data pertaining to the receipt of goods, the movement of goods within or between locations, the sale, removal or other disposition of goods, and the precise valuation and status of goods remaining in inventory at any time, down to the exact style/size/color, SIMMS will enable you to successfully manage your apparel/embroidery inventory.
KCSI combines technical excellence and business consulting experience to create technology solutions that achieve challenging business goals. Our clients benefit from our ability to bridge the gap between business vision and real-world technology implementation.
Contact our business development team to learn more about our results-driven custom technology solutions.
Our custom application solution expertise spans the following areas:
- Database Design & Development – Our database design and development team has broad and deep experience with all of the major database technologies: MySQL, SQL Server, Analysis Server, LINQ and ORM. In addition, our team is well-versed in OLAP and cloud storage solutions.
- Microsoft .Net Development – The Microsoft .NET Platform is the software development framework for Microsoft Windows operating systems, that allows for custom application development for many business functions or proprietary software.
- Mobile Application Development – Due to a convergence of factors including a multitude of hardware devices, reduction in price and performance improvements, mobile devices are now a viable application platform. We have extensive experience with application development across a wide variety of mobile platforms and in developing Enterprise Mobile Applications for clients. We have developed applications for mobile devices, including the iPhone™, iPad™, BlackBerry®, and Windows Mobile®.
- Rich Internet Application (RIA) Development – Presenting a rich user experience on the web is virtually a must-have for companies wanting to distinguish themselves from the competition. Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) are Web apps that embody most of the characteristics of a desktop application. This means RIAs have a rich user interface and user experience – the consistency of each being controlled across operating systems. RIAs can be complex and difficult to design, develop and deploy and requires a deep understanding of the technology and the Rich Internet application framework being used.
- Systems Integration & Custom Software Extensions – In our 18 years of experience, we have found that integrating technology systems can be one of the most frustrating technical hurdles facing many organizations. Voids existing between sophisticated applications can mean tremendous productivity loss as well as untold opportunity costs. It is also one of the hardest things to fix – causing many organizations to limp along with systems that don’t talk to each other.
KCSI has years of experience integrating not only our client’s systems, but our own systems as well. Contact our business development team today to learn how we can integrate your organization’s systems for an immediate ROI.
Working in conjunction with SIMMS Online, SIMMS’ Tool Crib software allows workers to check out and return tools and equipment using a simple-to-use web-based application and barcode reader.
Workers scan their ID Card badge to start the process and then scan the item barcode and/or item serial number of the item(s) they are using. The worker next confirms that the list matches their inventory and proceeds to then chooses whether they are checking out or returning inventory. Each and every time that item is “checked out” or “checked in” the transactions are recorded in your system, time-stamped, attributed to the user allowing you to see who performed the transactions, when and why.
With Tool Crib, you can:
• Enhance chain-of-custody tracking
• Increase visibility of tools and equipment status and location
• Improve productivity and employee efficiency by allowing tool crib attendants to focus on more important tasks
• Read multiple tool tags per transaction resulting in faster transactions
• Reduced tool crib labor costs
Using a comprehensive tool, location, serial number and employee database, coupled with a simple and accurate bar code based transaction system, Tool Crib software tracks the issue and return of assets to employees and contractors, and the transfer of assets between various warehouse, job-site and tool room locations even fleet vehicles. You can easily manage your tool and equipment inventory using scanner and bar code technology, enabling workers to quickly get and return the tools they require with or without a tool crib attendant while still keeping the employee accountable for them.
Do you ever wonder where that stack of widgets is? How long did that vendor say it would take to get us those fizzbinns? Is Project Z-180 ever going to be completed? These very important questions always occur when handling your inventory concerns.
With SIMMS Inventory Management software, you can always get these answers quickly and easily. Analytical reports and project management features enable SIMMS users to keep complete control of more than just inventory – it also allows scheduling of projects and can provide data needed for getting ongoing projects finished and out the door.
Contact KCSI today to learn more about getting quick answers to your most important questions.