Accurate stock-taking requires the following steps:
- Name the Supervisor of Stock: the Stock Supervisor is responsible for enforcing that all the procedures are followed and full counts are completed.
- Make clear identification: Be certain to specify identification of all damaged and redundant stock, as well as returned items and unreceived items.
- Set the Start Point: Your tracking method (system) needs to be static and untouched before starting the count.
- Focus on Details: Carefully identify materials accurately and be certain that numbers and units of measure match up.
- Stamp the Samples: Place marks (dates are best) on all items included in the count. This makes checking easy if the counting is interrupted or if it stretches over more than one day. The “left-off” point must be known.
- Second the Motion: Have a second person follow up the counts with their own independent counts. Numbers that don’t match should be re-done until they match.
- New Eyes See Things: When the count is complete, have someone else do a walk-through looking for stamps and seeking out odd and unusual spots for stock, and then confirm that they have been inventoried.
For more ideas on stock-taking, visit www.simmssoftware.com.
SIMMS 2018 Inventory Management system enables users to keep confident control of the security of their data and system.
- Backing-up SIMMS Installer files should be made each time a service pack or full version is released;
- Your company files (SIMMS databases) should be backed-up based on the standard backup schedule of your IT Department. If dozens of transactions occur each week then weekly backups are advised and can be performed manually by any administrative user.
Contact us today to learn the simple step to accomplish true security of your SIMMS system. We take great pride in continuing to build the evolving and practical software package you need to help your business grow.
If you’re new to SIMMS, give it a free trial here: http://simmssoftware.com/inventory-software/Download-Trial.aspx
With the debut of SIMMS Inventory Management software version 2018, the Kit Build Queue is a feature of existing Fulfillment Module. For items you manufacture that are required in Item Fulfillment you can specify the kit build items from a list and indicate the quantity you want to build and add them to the Kit Build Queue in the Fulfillment Manager.
A column indicates the quantity of items that are currently in the Kit Build Queue. You can make changes to the build, update numerous features and print out a wide variety of reports that allow you to monitor the progress of the Fulfillment process.
For a free trial of SIMMS 2018, click here.
[This question was submitted by a desperate clothier a while back]
A great many businesses selling apparel want more data on their product tags, whether they sell shoes, t-shirts or in this case, jackets. The modern science of barcoding usually solves this challenge for them by printing off SKU numbers, which allow for multiple bits of information to be combined within the SKU.
For example, MAJAN is a possible section of a SKU number that provides two characters for the manufacturer’s name (MA for Marshall), two characters for the product (JA for jacket) and one character for material (N for nylon). In addition to NRF (National Retail Foundation) codes, manufacturer’s lot information can appear on the tag (such as 01-BK-L, which represents style 1, color black and size large) and many such barcode labels (tags) can be formatted to contain almost any information the seller requires.
One example produced for the person who asked the question is as follows:
In it, the customer wanted the item price, size and color information, SKU info and the item description, and that’s precisely what she got, in the layout style she needed. SIMMS Inventory Management software uses Crystal Reports to edit the content and design of the barcodes to fit dozens of industry-standard barcode tags, and customization can go beyond the established list to suit any company’s size and layout needs.
Contact KCSI today to learn more about how the details you want on your price tags can be added with speed and ease if you use SIMMS as your barcoding/price tagging solution.
We’ve added the following features and details to SIMMS 2018:
– Added a “purchase order” placeholder for email templates. This placeholder is available for quotes, sales orders, and invoices. Often your customer will give you a purchase order number which you can of course enter on the header of your sales transactions. Now you can include the purchase order number in your emails (sales transactions) that you send from SIMMS. This will make it easy for your customer to quickly reference the purchase order they gave you for their purchases from you.
– Added the transaction status to the header of sales and purchasing transactions. Not every transaction is the same – some might have a status of credit memo, voided, partially returned or fully returned. Now you can easily know the status of a transaction because it is clearly identified in red at the top of the transaction.
– Added an item’s available quantity to the Primary Info tab in the Item Manager. The available quantity is how much of an item is available for sales or manufacturing. Of course, you could always view the available quantity in the Stock Window, but now this information is even more accessible because it is viewable in the Item Manager directly. Also, note in a past upgrade we added an “Available” column to all transaction grids.
– Added the ability to open the Item Manager and Stock Window directly from the Build Kits window. This can be helpful if you need information about a component item, such as how many are on purchase order or perhaps there are pictures of the item you would like to view in the Item Manager. To open either the Item Manager or Stock Window from the Build Kits window, right click on any component item. In the context window that opens, select either Item Manager or Stock Window.
– Added the ability to view the emails you sent to a customer or vendor from their respective managers. You have been able to email your transactions from SIMMS for some time. Now, we have added to the Customer and Vendor Managers an Email tab. All emails you send to either a customer or vendor will be listed in the respective Email tabs. So now you have in a single place a list all the emails you sent to a particular customer or vendor. For instance, you would be able to see the quotes, sales orders, invoices, and statements you sent to a particular customer, all listed in a single place.
SIMMS Inventory Management software remains the best Cloud-based software of its kind in the world today. One of the many features that give it that distinction is its built-in security for your data. It is secure not only because the data remains safe from those outside your secure login, but also because your date remains accessible to only those authorized to see it within your company. While other software requires intensive amounts of time from your IT Support Department, the management of SIMMS can easily be established by power users within departments of your choice. Backups can be scheduled and conducted automatically by SIMMS Admins themselves, saving both time and money for your IT expenses.
Whatever the level of support you need, we at SIMMS provide you with what you need. SIMMS is easy to learn, easy to use and easy to upgrade and improve. Few of the maintenance tasks require any technical expertise at all, and we work with you in real time if some problem does occur. Our promise to you is that we will always be dedicated to speed, cost effectiveness, and high quality – all while maintaining the highest standards of security.
We stand in front of SIMMS software so that you can stand behind it.
For a free trial of SIMMS 2018, click here: http://simmssoftware.com/inventory-software/Download-Trial.aspx
At KCSI we combine our expensive range of technical expertise with a concerted dedication to our customers’ satisfaction. Our software development services supplement in-house resources to bring you the features you need, using the latest technology within a standardized infrastructure to create interaction, multimedia, and room for improvement.
We produce precise, clean, economical software, easy to use and maintain, that strives for precision, consistency and quality.
Visit www.kcsi.ca to see the extent of our creations, and email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how your company can benefit from software customized to your exact needs.