Accurate stock-taking requires the following steps:
- Name the Supervisor of Stock: the Stock Supervisor is responsible for enforcing that all the procedures are followed and full counts are completed.
- Make clear identification: Be certain to specify identification of all damaged and redundant stock, as well as returned items and unreceived items.
- Set the Start Point: Your tracking method (system) needs to be static and untouched before starting the count.
- Focus on Details: Carefully identify materials accurately and be certain that numbers and units of measure match up.
- Stamp the Samples: Place marks (dates are best) on all items included in the count. This makes checking easy if the counting is interrupted or if it stretches over more than one day. The “left-off” point must be known.
- Second the Motion: Have a second person follow up the counts with their own independent counts. Numbers that don’t match should be re-done until they match.
- New Eyes See Things: When the count is complete, have someone else do a walk-through looking for stamps and seeking out odd and unusual spots for stock, and then confirm that they have been inventoried.
For more ideas on stock-taking, visit www.simmssoftware.com.
With the debut of SIMMS Inventory Management software version 2018, the Kit Build Queue is a feature of existing Fulfillment Module. For items you manufacture that are required in Item Fulfillment you can specify the kit build items from a list and indicate the quantity you want to build and add them to the Kit Build Queue in the Fulfillment Manager.
A column indicates the quantity of items that are currently in the Kit Build Queue. You can make changes to the build, update numerous features and print out a wide variety of reports that allow you to monitor the progress of the Fulfillment process.
For a free trial of SIMMS 2018, click here.
Koynyk Computer Solutions International (KCSI) can provide the custom programming services or software integration necessary to add EDI capabilities to your existing business software solution or design a stand-alone solution precisely to your needs. Their experienced software developers can help you evaluate the requirements, review existing packages, and implement a cost-effective EDI software solution.
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) is the computer-to-computer electronic exchange of business data using standard document formats which are widely recognized both nationally and internationally. EDI allows you to eliminate data costly entry errors, improve customer service, speed up the transfer of business data, reduce paperwork and reduce storage and operating costs.
KCSI’s flagship software, SIMMS 2018, employs EDI in its reporting features and additional linked-in features to provide instant access to information within the system or to seamlessly and accurately import data into it.
If you have the need for customized EDI, or are only curious about the advantages it can bring, contact KCSI at email@example.com for a detailed response.
We’ve added the following features and details to SIMMS 2018:
– Added a “purchase order” placeholder for email templates. This placeholder is available for quotes, sales orders, and invoices. Often your customer will give you a purchase order number which you can of course enter on the header of your sales transactions. Now you can include the purchase order number in your emails (sales transactions) that you send from SIMMS. This will make it easy for your customer to quickly reference the purchase order they gave you for their purchases from you.
– Added the transaction status to the header of sales and purchasing transactions. Not every transaction is the same – some might have a status of credit memo, voided, partially returned or fully returned. Now you can easily know the status of a transaction because it is clearly identified in red at the top of the transaction.
– Added an item’s available quantity to the Primary Info tab in the Item Manager. The available quantity is how much of an item is available for sales or manufacturing. Of course, you could always view the available quantity in the Stock Window, but now this information is even more accessible because it is viewable in the Item Manager directly. Also, note in a past upgrade we added an “Available” column to all transaction grids.
– Added the ability to open the Item Manager and Stock Window directly from the Build Kits window. This can be helpful if you need information about a component item, such as how many are on purchase order or perhaps there are pictures of the item you would like to view in the Item Manager. To open either the Item Manager or Stock Window from the Build Kits window, right click on any component item. In the context window that opens, select either Item Manager or Stock Window.
– Added the ability to view the emails you sent to a customer or vendor from their respective managers. You have been able to email your transactions from SIMMS for some time. Now, we have added to the Customer and Vendor Managers an Email tab. All emails you send to either a customer or vendor will be listed in the respective Email tabs. So now you have in a single place a list all the emails you sent to a particular customer or vendor. For instance, you would be able to see the quotes, sales orders, invoices, and statements you sent to a particular customer, all listed in a single place.
With SIMMS Online, you can be working on your iPad from your customer site, create a quote and email on the spot direct to your customer. You can also not only print and save your reports to your desktop, but now you can email your reports on the spot.
Click the email icon to the right of the report header. If you are sending a sales transaction, the email address will automatically be the address associated to your contact record. Otherwise you will have the ability to override or enter your own address.
The ease with which you can share your SIMMS 2018 business information with all departments within your company has never been easier, and the use of emails as the conduit is as modern as The Cloud in which it is hosted.
Take advantage of the best inventory and accounting program available in the world today. Get SIMMS 2018 today.
For a free trial of SIMMS, click here: http://simmssoftware.com/inventory-software/Download-Trial.aspx
For more information, visit www.simmssoftware.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
download3000.com features a positive review of SIMMS Inventory software due to its precision and its virus-free condition.
SIMMS Inventory Management Software provides control of data pertaining to the receipt of goods, movement of goods within or between locations, the sale, removal or other disposition of goods AND the precise valuation and status of goods remaining in inventory at any given point in time.
SIMMS Inventory Control Software has been designed to accommodate the needs of both large and small businesses. SIMMS Inventory Control Software gives everyone in the company total control and access, depending on the permissions assigned to the user, wherever they are – in a warehouse, in an office, behind a cash register, working from home, working from a remote location half way around the world, in a service truck, in front of a customer, at the loading/receiving dock, or in transit from one location to another.
SIMMS does more than simply automate your inventory control process; it also provides robust materials management. SIMMS clients enjoy functionality unmatched by any other provider in the market.
SIMMS Inventory Management Software provides your company with a major competitive advantage versus competitors who are unable to access the same strategic information.
With SIMMS, you can get a powerful affordable enterprise solution, right from the start. Now, you finally have the option of giving your business all the help it will ever need in terms of Complete Inventory Control.
To give SIMMS 2018 a try, click here: http://simmssoftware.com/inventory-software/Download-Trial.aspx