KCSI Technical Writer Marc Kondylis sends us this Tool Tip:
If you stock items with a limited shelf life, you can assign expiration dates to these items. In addition SIMMS can alert you when that item nears its expiration date. The careful management of items with limited shelf life can prevent losing stock (and money) because an item has gone bad.
Enable Expiration Dates
Before you assign an expiration date to an item, you need to enable the option.
- In the Item Manager window, click the Advanced tab, and then click Use Expiration Dates.
With the option enabled, you can then set the expiration date for the item when you receive it into inventory.
Assign an Expiration Date for an Item
You assign an expiration date for an item when you receive it into inventory. In addition to assigning the expiration date, you also need to assign a manufacturer lot code for the item.
- On the Modules menu, point to Purchasing, and then click New Receipt of Goods.
- Process the receipt of goods as you normally would, but on the Details tab, in the Manufacturer Lot list, select a manufacturer lot.
1. Click the Expiration Date check box, and set the expiration date in the date box.
2. Compete your receipt of goods as you normally would.
SIMMS can alert you when an item comes close to its expiration date.
To receive alerts for items close to their expiration dates, go to Setup > Settings > Global Settings > General tab. In the Expiration Date – advance warning of box, type the number of days before an item expires that you wish to receive an alert.
To view a list of all items with an expiration date, go to Inventory > Operational Reports > Item Reports > Expiration Report.
KCSI has released SIMMS version 7.3.7, the newest version of its Inventory Management program today. With enhancements and tweaks to its flagship software package that already has long-standing leadership in the inventory industry, KCSI is eager to continue to produce software that is designed for those who know the value of accuracy and reliability in regard to their business requirements.
Click here to try SIMMS today to find the perfect match for your inventory needs.
One of the most common habits of those who connect to a wireless network at their office is that once computers have gained their first connection to the wireless network, they select the option for the machine to auto-connect every time in future as well. In the world of the hacker and spoofer, however, this habit of convenience is very often an open door for outside access.
The spoofer simply sets up another network in the same geographical area as the business WiFi network and uses a stronger signal that also allows automatic, non-password protected connections. Next thing is that Joe turns on his laptop in the morning and while sniffing around for a second, it connects to the spoofer’s network instead. Joe has his internet connection and begins work as usual. The spoofer notices the connection to his network of a new machine, and busily goes about accessing it and, worst of all, begins to raid the files and information on Joe’s laptop–all without Joe’s knowledge. With a bellyful of personal or corporate or private data (possibly including passwords to the actual WiFi network in Joe’s office), the spoofer drives away.
Joe’s laptop drops signal for a second, re-establishes a connection with his correct network almost instantly and Joe wonders a week later when a competitor has somehow suddenly stolen away most of his previous customers.
Poor Joe, or Joe’s assistant, or perhaps even Joe’s boss — any of their machines could have been accessed in precisely the same way.
IT Administrators should set up their WiFi networks so that there is no way anyone can connect to the in-house network without manually entering that network access password every time. Although it may take a second to re-enter a password each time, the level of security it demands is a small price to pay.
It certainly beats the thousands of dollars — or much more — that could be lost just because of a lazy habit that is so very easy to cure.
SIMMS Inventory Management software contains the landed costing features required to make this important process easy. All cost elements for purchased items are identified, while concurrently the progress of orders and their shipments are tracked in real-time. Both lot and serial numbers allow users to track stock in the system and allow their easy assignment to sales projects or orders, while building a shipment and sales history. Warehouse costs can be updated automatically, allowing smooth and simple posting of all landed cost prices. In addition, several orders can be combined into single shipments, saving you time and money on orders made through your decided vendors.
Other available features include the ablity to use FIFO (First-In, First-Out) allocation of goods to track your costs. Generally, items are “pre-costed” before the shipment arrives, and their separate costs are allotted based on several criteria such as weights, value, quantities and/or volume, depending on your needs. When combined with SIMMS’ General Ledger module, your actual expenses and revenue can be pinpointed, allowing your best decisions to be made quickly and soundly, down to the level of separate bills of costs for a single item.
To see more on the SIMMS’ Landed Costing features, read more by clicking here, or gain access to a video illustrating the features here.
CRMunleashed is a customer management solution you can depend on, reps spend more time selling and less time on administration. Automate your sales staff by documenting sales activities, improving productivity, managing sales regions, analyzing and forecasting sales, and reporting on the criteria that you need. Details of your contacts are comprehensively organized, while personalized communications are simple, management of time is streamlined, as calendars and schedules are coordinated quickly.
Call centers are automated, and all communications and case management are accurately and easily tracked for priority, through development to closure. Comprehensive time and billing capabilities can expand as your customer list grows world-wide.
Use CRMUnleashed to establish sales campaigns, process accurate information, provide needed services to potential clients and ultimately excel in lead management. Technology, intelligence and marketing are brought together to allow swift service and communications for both you and your client base. With practical marketing campaigns featuring e-mail and other documents, you can make the most of the relationships with your customers using the integration and versatility of CRMUnleashed.
KCSI Technical Writer Marc Kondylis sends us today’s SIMMS Tip…
Within SIMMS, the item quantities and the serial number counts must match. You cannot have more or less serial numbers than you have items on-hand. You fix an on-hand quantity and serial number count mismatch in the Assign Serial Number to Stock Items window.
In the Assign Serial Numbers to Stock Items window there are two
read-only boxes: On-hand Quantity and SN Count. You add a serial
number to an item or remove a serialized item to match the serial number count with the on-hand quantity.
1. On the Inventory menu, point to Serial Numbers, and then
click Assign Serial Numbers to Stock Items.
The Assign Serial Numbers to Stock Items window opens.
2. In the Item list, select an item.
3. In the Location list, select the location of your item.
4. Click the Search button.
Your serialized items list in the Serial Number Information
5. Do one of the following:
• To add a serial number to an item, in the Serial Number
column, type the serial number for the item that requires
• To remove a serialized item, in the Remove column, click
the check box for the serialized item you wish to remove.
6. Click Save, and then click Close.
KCSI has released SIMMS version 7.3.6, the newest version of its Inventory Management program today. With enhancements and tweaks to its flagship software package that already has long-standing leadership in the inventory industry, KCSI is eager to continue to produce software that is designed for those who know the value of accuracy and reliability in regard to their business requirements.
Click here to try SIMMS today to find the perfect match for your inventory needs.
A simple Web search gives you a myriad of options for an inventory software solution. It’s difficult to know which inventory management software will fit your needs, so here are some tips to find the system that is right for you.
Choose an Industry Leader Inventory control software is too important to leave to companies that haven’t proven their mettle. The best products come from companies that have deployed their software in a wide variety of industries like KCSI, from aerospace and apparel to manufacturing and sporting goods. Look for Robust Functionality, features to look for include:
- Analytics: Information is critical to managing and growing your business, but you need more than numbers on a page to transform data into actionable information. Robust inventory control software will give you a range of customizable reporting options, including advanced analysis for the decision makers in your company.
- Expiration Date Tracking: If your inventory includes time-sensitive products, your inventory software should track expiration dates from the moment they are received until they are shipped. Because expiration-related issues could crop up in the future, the software should also include the ability to track historical expiration date data.
- Manufacturing: Smooth production cycles depend upon sound management of resource planning and production. The right software can allow you to gain a competitive advantage because it gives you the ability to respond quickly to the needs of your customers.
- Remote Data Collection: The top inventory software providers can combine software and hardware solutions that will allow you to remotely access vendor and customer data, track inventory and fixed assets, and issue sales orders and receive purchase orders.
- Retail Management: If you have retail locations, look for an inventory software solution that can increase the productivity of your employees, adjust inventory at point-of-sale, and automate purchasing.
- And, of Course, Inventory Control: The inventory software solution that you choose should have the ability to track serial number, print barcodes, and store item images. It should allow you to define automatic reorder points, the purchase currency and cost, and the sales currency and cost. If you have unique pricing requirements, the software should allow you to assign different price points to the same item. It should also allow for manual counts and adjustments, as well as provide an audit trail for inventory adjustments.
- Flexibility is Key: An inventory software solution should be robust, but it should also be flexible. If, for example, you deal in apparel, a module that tracks color, size, and style should be available. If your company provides service and returns, you may need a module that allows you to issue return merchandise authorization numbers, receive replacement items from your vendors, and issue replacement items to your customers.
Whichever inventory software solution you choose, make sure that it has both the features you need at the present time, and those that you may need in the future.
In today’s competitive marketplace, you can’t afford not to have the most up-to-date information available in a form that enables you to make decisions in response to market demands.To learn more about subjects like Inventory Software Solutions or SIMMS Inventory Management Software, an Inventory Software Solution that delivers, please visit the web site at: http://www.kornyk.com
Immediate access to job costing and job billings allow you to maximize your estimates and improve your gross margins. All steps of the process, from invoices back through purchase orders and work orders, are available with SIMMS’ Job Costing Module. As you enter current details, your estimates become more realistic, job costs can be adjusted, and all data can be assessed by the software’s robust analytics. In addition, you can track materiel, manpower and service charges through a vibrant accounting process to guarantee that you are making the most of your labor force and have stock on hand to get the job done. From the versatility of managing your markups on the fly to spotting problem areas in your processes, SIMMS’ Job Costing Module helps keep both your bottom line and customers very comfortable indeed.
INVOTEC Appointed as SIMMS Distributor
KCSI is excited to announce the formation of a new SIMMS Software Distributorship in Australia with INVOTEC PTY Ltd. INVOTEC is looking forward to expanding its offering to support the worlds Inventory Control/Accounting software needs. This opportunity has long been an objective of the company and INVOTEC is committed to delivering quality services to customers following the vote of confidence shown by the KCSI in granting INVOTEC this SIMMS distribution license.
INVOTEC is a SIMMS support endorsed company with a software support management system covering all the requirements of the standard, with a dedicated department ensuring the management, monitoring and improvement of customer support and services. INVOTEC has been working toward this eventful day reviewing the overseas market and setting up strategies to deliver quality services to SIMMS users.
INVOTEC has set-up a new company infrastructure which will include support and training services delivered by qualified experts, many of which have been trained by KCSI, the trainers at KCSI have years of experience working with the inventory management/accounting software needs of many different industries for both military, government organizations and private companies. INVOTEC will not only deliver SIMMS software to international customers but will also provide support services from its network of SIMMS support and training staff. Invotec services will include, SIMMS Software Sales, training courses and SIMMS help desk support will be available via phone, email and dedicated customer help desk system log-ins to the 24/7 Invotec internet help desk facility, SIMMS installation and optimisation services will also be offered.
SIMMS Software customization requirements will still be completed by KCSI however Invotec will be handling the flow of information to and from the end user, in order to assure quick and accurate deliverables.
KCSI has a excellent reputation for customer service and project delivery. This approach to customers will continue with support from its network of resellers and distributors around the world, strategically located to provide a quick and personal response to customers.
INVOTEC recognizes the inherent value of the iconic SIMMS brand to its business and has set up a company structure to deliver the required services with many experts in the field trained by the KCSI team.