KCSI Technical Writer Marc Kondylis sends us today’s SIMMS Tip…
Within SIMMS, the item quantities and the serial number counts must match. You cannot have more or less serial numbers than you have items on-hand. You fix an on-hand quantity and serial number count mismatch in the Assign Serial Number to Stock Items window.
In the Assign Serial Numbers to Stock Items window there are two
read-only boxes: On-hand Quantity and SN Count. You add a serial
number to an item or remove a serialized item to match the serial number count with the on-hand quantity.
2. In the Item list, select an item.
3. In the Location list, select the location of your item.
4. Click the Search button.
Your serialized items list in the Serial Number Information
5. Do one of the following:
• To add a serial number to an item, in the Serial Number
column, type the serial number for the item that requires
• To remove a serialized item, in the Remove column, click
the check box for the serialized item you wish to remove.
6. Click Save, and then click Close.