The very best from all of ours to you and yours!
From all of us at KCSI, Happy Thanksgiving!
In 1990, Symantec launches Norton Antivirus, one of the first anti-virus programs developed by a major company.
Also in 1990, the Dark Avenger Mutation Engine (DAME) is created. It’s a toolkit that turns ordinary viruses into polymorphic viruses. The Virus Creation Laboratory (VCL) is also made available.
In 1991, Tequila is the first widespread polymorphic virus found in the wild. Polymorphic viruses were specially designed to make detection difficult for virus scanners.
In 1992, as many as 1,300 viruses are in existence.
In 1994, the Good Times e-mail hoax tears through the Internet community. The hoax warns of a malicious virus that will erase an entire hard drive.
In 1995, Word Concept becomes one of the most prevalent viruses in the mid-1990s. It is spread through Microsoft Word documents.
In 1996, the Baza, Laroux and Staog viruses are the first to infect Windows95 files, Excel, and Linux respectively.
In 1998, StrangeBrew was the first virus to infect Java files. The Chernobyl virus spread quickly via .EXE files.
In 1999, The Melissa virus executes a macro in a document attached to an e-mail, which, in turn, forwards the document to 50 people in the user’s Outlook address book. Bubble Boy is the first worm that does not depend on the recipient opening an attachment for infection to set in. As soon as the user opens the e-mail, Bubble Boy strikes.
In 2000, The Love Bug, also known as the ILOVEYOU virus, sends itself out via Outlook. It also sends usernames and passwords to the virus’ author.
Visit KCSI today to learn if our expertise can help make your software customization a reality! Click here
Have a look at someone who displays easy expertise at what he does:
You too can gain immediate expertise in your business and inventory tasks with SIMMS Inventory & Accounting software. Visit our website for more information: http://simmssoftware.com/inventory-software/Download-Trial.aspx
Best Wishes from Us at SIMMS Software
Please acknowledge and remember those who have served on our behalf in armed conflicts all around the world. Our freedom has come from their acts of bravery and sacrifice. Be humble and thankful this Veteran’s Day.
May you and yours enjoy the great fortune afforded us all by those who served on our behalf in armed conflicts all around the world. We owe them an enormous debt for the freedoms that we now enjoy. Be humble and thankful this Wednesday.
With a supply chain management solution in place, a business can more effectively manage its entire network by overseeing all activities across all storage and distribution venues, suppliers and production plants. With SIMMS Inventory Management solution, you have complete vision and control of these details as your customers’ needs expand and change. You can monitor your bottom line and implement plans for improvement as well as begin to eliminate waste of time, manpower and money.
Give SIMMS 2015 a try to find out more about how SIMMS can help you optimize your business’ most vital concerns. Click here
KCSI can help you with all aspects of customizing software for your specific needs. The process includes the following areas:
- Adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary;
- Breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language;
- Clarifying what actions the program is intended to perform;
- Combining all elements of the program design and testing it;
- Conducting testing and installing the program into production;
- Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately;
- Consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge;
- Devising possible solutions to anticipated problems;
- Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with clients;
- Evaluating and increasing the program’s effectiveness;
- Reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary;
- Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended;
- Working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project to write a specific section of the program
- Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators;
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications.