The ability to track serialized and lot-related parts to a customer is important for warranty and service management. SIMMS Inventory Management software provides the ability to create serial numbers and manufacturer lots at any time during manufacturing. Finished products are assigned serial numbers and/or manufacturing lots and when shipped to the customer, the serial numbers and manufacturing lots used are saved to history, providing their traceability against the original customer order.
The ability to track component lots from raw material to finished product shipped to customers is a key requirement for many companies. SIMMS 2013 provides this functionality for either stocked parts. Upon receipt of lots from a vendor or from manufacturing, lot traceability provides where-used and lots-used visibility. An optional feature is the ability to designate a group of attributes that can be collected and tracked for each lot. These attributes follow the lot for the history of the lot record in the system, providing for historical quality references even after shipment.
SIMMS empowers you to use Manufacturer’s Lots to:
- Build kits using items with assigned lots
- Issue your lots manually or have SIMMS automatically issue from lots with the oldest expiration dates first or by earliest lots created/received
- Produce a comprehensive lot activity history
- Quickly generate Production Lot Reports
- Receipt of multiple lots for the same item, or multiple items in one transaction
- Serial number tracking (organized by serial number or lot), including user-defined serial numbers (in place of, or in addition to, original serials)
- Traceability of lots on every level, from vendor through to customer