Shipping may be the very epicenter of your company’s success or failure. SIMMS Inventory Management software provides users the capabilities to calculate shipping by a fixed percentage of the order total, by fixed item shipping costs, or allows for free shipping.
In some cases, users need shipping to be calculated by order total, weight, weight plus geographical zone or total plus geographical zone. In addition, real time rates can be implemented when employing shipping services such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, Canada Post or USPS.
All these options are easily created and applied using SIMMS.
A rough list of details you should check is as follows:
– Check your contact information – write your details clearly on the boxes by using block letters.
– Check if you ship what you want where you want.
– Check your Required Forms.
– Decide on your shipping method.
– Include the declared value, along with your description of the content.
– List each commodity that you are shipping and provide a detailed description of each.
– Make a booking of a shipment service.
– Package your shipment securely.
– Purchase insurance for your high value items.
– Research your payment methods.
– Check for proper labeling of your boxes and bags.
– Match the shipping documents against the shipping labels to ensure correct shipping information.
– Provide a detailed list of the items in your shipment.
– Provide a detailed list with the value of your items.
– Provide a photocopy of your passport.
– Has your shipment been cleared through required Customs offices.
– Contact the airline cargo office or shipping line agent which has received your shipment.
– Go the customs office and show your passport and your copy of your airway bill.
– Pay any customs or clearance fees that are required.
– Pick up your shipment from the airline cargo office or from the nominated depot.