Visit www.simmssoftware.com today to learn more about the industry-leading software solution for small to large-sized businesses.
A Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (General Motors decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.
On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.
The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action. Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.
Feeling a deeper study was in order, American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion. They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.
Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team’s management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the ‘Rowing Team Quality First Program,’ with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses.
The next year the Japanese won by two miles.
Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year’s racing team was out-sourced to India.
Here’s something else to think about: Ford has spent the last thirty years moving all its factories out of the US, claiming they can’t make money paying American wages. Toyota has spent the last thirty years building more than a dozen plants inside the US.
The last quarter’s results: Toyota made 4 billion in profits while Ford racked up 9 billion in losses. Ford folks are still scratching their heads.
There are many benefits to every business for managing inventory properly. SIMMS Inventory Control Software makes controlling your inventory easy and can be customized for any type of business of any size. You can feel safe knowing that SIMMS software can easily handle a business that does $99 billion/year in sales. To stay on top of your business your inventory data must be at your fingertips and be accurate at all times.
SIMMS 2014 Inventory Control Software is so powerful that it can allow you to carry just the right amount of stock so you don’t need to carry safety stock. You can set reorder points with SIMMS and the software can automatically generate purchase orders when stock is needed to be ordered.
To be an industry leader a superior inventory software solution with advanced features like ERP automation, Kitting, lot control, and Serial Number tracking that is dependable is crucial. We know this from experience; having blown up some of our competitor’s software solutions ourselves. From our single user version to the 3000+ user SQL Client-Server Edition, SIMMS 2014 Inventory Control Software is the high-performance inventory control and accounting system you’ll never outgrow. SIMMS Inventory Management Software lets you:
- Achieve 99% inventory accuracy with leading-edge auto ID/barcode technologies to track inventory and ensure disciplined inventory rotation, including expiration date, lot control and serial number tracking.
- Audit Trail Capabilities, with SIMMS Inventory Software not only do you have the historical data available at your finger tips to tell you how an item got where it is but you can run an audit on a specific widget for its entire live cycle down to the specific serial number, user serial number, expiration date or manufacturer lot.
- Control your prices and costs easily define unique Vendor Costs and part numbers per Vendor/item, and configure up to 12 price levels for each item or use % discounts per quantity purchased levels.
- Customize your transaction menus you can even customize your transaction menus per computer enabling you to define what options you wish to be available over and above security settings.
- Easy Barcoding print barcode labels for your items, customers or locations with easy through SIMMS software.
- Easy Item Transfers you can transfer individual widgets with specific serial number, user serial number, expiration date or manufacturer lots or a bunch of items from one location to another with ease.
- Eliminate costly, labor-intensive inventory discrepancies between multiple inventory databases and batch-oriented systems
- Enhanced Reporting reports can be generated to provide the information you desire including accurate inventory cost reports, stock status reports, sales analysis, purchasing analysis and more, the reports can be exported to PDF, excel or text format in order to empower you with the capabilities to share your reports with your customers with ease. KCSI can also customize your reports for a simple fee.
- Free yourself from your desk With the SIMMS Windows mobile 5 program you can process Invoices, sales orders, receipts of goods, item transfers and physical counts on a remote Windows Mobile compatible device in batch or live wireless mode. You also have the freedom to print your sales orders via Bluetooth or IP printer right from the wireless windows mobile device.
- Maximize use of warehouse space with the ability to define item default locations and automatic reorder points.
- Optimize pick labor efficiency and accuracy and improve customer order fulfillment rates with advanced picking techniques for pick and pass and batch picking activities all with scan confirmation both in the Windows mobile version of SIMMS and the main SIMMS software system.
- Physical Count Adjustments The physical counts interface is likely the easiest to use in the industry and makes all the behind-the-scenes accounting entries necessary to update assigned inventory accounts and maintain your inventory costing method whether it’s FIFO, LIFO or Average Cost.
- Satisfy customer demand for integrated value-added services such as kitting, phantom kitting, bills and work orders, compliance labeling and Customized EDI, through the SIMMS Software integrated approach to distribution.
- Simple Inventory Adjustments easily change stock counts for specific items in specific locations adjusting serial numbers and manufacturer lots as needed without the need to do physical counts for entire locations.
- SKU Management configures complex automated SKU Generation, empowering SIMMS with the functionality to automatically assign your items SKU codes based on whatever formula you configure in the SKU Manager.
- Track your stock items and non stock items not only do you have the capabilities of tracking your inventory items with ease but you can also define miscellaneous items and charges in the system giving you the added ability of configuring not for stock items and service charges like labor, travel time etc.
Contact KCSI at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you to get SIMMS 2014 working for you as soon as possible.
One winter, in his leaner days, Henri Matisse decided
to paint a picture of a woman seated at a table, on which
there was a bowl of fruit.
Having spent what was for him a fortune on the fruit, the artist was determined to make it last until the canvas was finished. He let the fire burn itself out and opened the windows. The temperature in the studio plunged.
Matisse donned his hat and overcoat, pulled on his stoves
and applied himself to his task. At the end of the day, he was pleased to note that the fruit had scarcely changed color. The same could not be said for the model, however. Her rosy
complexion was tinged with blue.
Jargon and nonsense assail us every day…if we bother to notice. The following are actual titles of published books…care to add your favorite?
- Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality
- How to Avoid Huge Ships
- American Bottom Archaeology
- Highlights in the History of Concrete
- Reusing Old Graves
- Population and Other Problems
- The Madam as Entrepreneur: Career Management in House Prostitution
- Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice
- Children Are Like Wet Cement
- Keeping Warm with an Axe
Need a cure all for all your business, accounting and inventory problems? Try SIMMS!
With SIMMS you get the following:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Export files at tax time – or at any time – for your accounting team.
- Track both your expenses and income and expenses, and pull any and all of your data into financial reports and analytical graphs any time.
- Customer Management
Your contact management is simple, straightforward and easy to master. Your contacts, their expenses, invoices, order forms and much more remain at your fingertips the whole time.
- Stock Management
Manage your stock easily and gain insight about your sales. Moreover:
- Add new items and manage older stock with equal speed and ease.
- Integrate your online stock with warehoused inventory immediately.
- Versatile Reporting
You can easily see what items are selling, what ones are not, and view your sales by location, by channel, by regions, and more.
- Unlimited Number of Users
Assistants, intern, managers, sales staff and business partner can all access what they need and have levels of access appropriate to their roles on your company’s processes.
Kitting Manager – Enhanced Project Management
In SIMMS we have taken an already superior Kitting Module and added even more. For those companies that deal with the one-time-only kitting projects (like house building) where you don’t know the components required until you are completing the project and then want to track what materials, labor and sub-contractor bills are related to not only a build but a stage within a build. the Kit Project Manager was developed to address these needs. This enhanced module acts as a container where you can review up to the minute costing of the project per stage along with the sales price, thus enabling you to see if you are making enough profit from a project.
All time can be booked to a stage related to a project so you can tell what each stage is costing you for labor.
All materials can be transferred into a specific stage related to a project direct from the Transfer Module, thus making the assignment of components even easier, i.e. the worker asks the shipper for materials and the shipper delivers, completing the transfer document and allocation of stock to the stage related to the project all in one step. You can easily see, by stage, what your costs are for materials.
All sub-contractor invoices can be entered into this module giving you the ability to add those costs to the project as required. Further, you have the capability of adding milestones to a project to indicate if a milestone should be mandatory, along with the date and employee selection so that you know who completed the milestone.
When you have finished booking your time, entering your vendor invoices and transferring your items and the kit is complete, just click a button to take everything you have entered and build a finished product associating all costs at that time.).
SIMMS 2013 coordinates your receiving and shipping processes, making both smoother and quicker while adding tracking to all important information needed for shipments. Detailed packing slips help you to limit reduce your manual handling while picking lists streamline the order filling you need to perform.
SIMMS 2013 helps you satisfy your customers by coordinating direct shipping from invoices or sales orders as well as from the Fulfillment Manager. Delayed shipments or backlogs in shipping can be seen before any problems become apparent. You have constant view of upcoming shipments and shipments that are already underway. Shipments to the same customer from different orders are easily monitored and detailed box labels make your tracking process easier and more accurate.
Packing slips can be generated from invoices, sales orders and the Fulfillment Manager so when the shipping department picks items from the packing slip, data remains both precise and useful.
SIMMS 2013’s Shipping and Receiving features also empower you to:
• Combine multiple orders into single shipments and save money.
• Enter several lines of instructions in the Shipping Manager if you have important shipping information that needs to accompany the shipment.
• Enter shipment ETAs by selecting the date the shipment is expected in the Estimated Arrival Date field.
• Issue/receive items from/to more than one stock location on a single invoice/receipt.
• Modify receipts to incorporate freight costs and handling charges levied by vendors at a later date. Simply add a line item in the receipt with the price and description of the charge then re-save the receipt.
• Select alternate ship-to locations at the stage of shipping or add a new ship-to address on the fly.
• Track the dates of each shipment automatically by configuring inventory items with their default weights. SIMMS then utilizes this information when shipping (although you can override the weight at the shipping stage if you require).
• Track the number of boxes assigned to a shipment by assigning each box a label and assigning orders (or individual items from orders) to each box within a shipment. This gives you the ability to track how many boxes per shipment were utilized, and what labels were assigned to each of the boxes.
Timely and accurate shipping and receiving is a necessity for any business of repute. For more information on how SIMMS 2013 can help you achieve your best levels ever, visit www.simmssoftware.com or email email@example.com today!