The ability to track serialized and lot-related parts to a customer is important for warranty and service management. SIMMS Inventory Management software provides the ability to create serial numbers and manufacturer lots at any time during manufacturing. Finished products are assigned serial numbers and/or manufacturing lots and when shipped to the customer, the serial numbers and manufacturing lots used are saved to history, providing their traceability against the original customer order.
The ability to track component lots from raw material to finished product shipped to customers is a key requirement for many companies. SIMMS 2013 provides this functionality for either stocked parts. Upon receipt of lots from a vendor or from manufacturing, lot traceability provides where-used and lots-used visibility. An optional feature is the ability to designate a group of attributes that can be collected and tracked for each lot. These attributes follow the lot for the history of the lot record in the system, providing for historical quality references even after shipment.
SIMMS empowers you to use Manufacturer’s Lots to:
- Build kits using items with assigned lots
- Issue your lots manually or have SIMMS automatically issue from lots with the oldest expiration dates first or by earliest lots created/received
- Produce a comprehensive lot activity history
- Quickly generate Production Lot Reports
- Receipt of multiple lots for the same item, or multiple items in one transaction
- Serial number tracking (organized by serial number or lot), including user-defined serial numbers (in place of, or in addition to, original serials)
- Traceability of lots on every level, from vendor through to customer
For more information about manufacturer’s lots in SIMMS, visit www.simmssoftware.com or email email@example.com.
SIMMS 2013’s Serial Number Tracking features help you to manage a limitless number of serial numbers from the time they are received into inventory, through the time they are issued, and retains an historical record permanently. This enables inventory control personnel access to a vast wealth of historical and validation information. With SIMMS 2013, each single item—from a single microscopic pin to the largest and most complex kit (BOM) build in your warehouse—can bear two distinct serial numbers at the same time.
This tracking advantage is tremendously helpful when a defective item is returned to a vendor or when confirming a returned item from your customer. Serial numbers in SIMMS 2013 serve as a virtual DNA-level flawless identification standard un-equalled in all other inventory systems.
With SIMMS’ Serial Number Manager you can:
- Assign serial numbers to completed kit builds (BOM)
- Assign serial numbers to items during (or immediately following) the receipt of goods
- Automatically generate serial numbers (and/or “user” serial numbers) with ease
- Drill down and view serial numbers related to items received or sold or transferred
- Easily assign serial numbers for kit (BOM) components during a kit build
- Easily assign to, or sell using, serial numbers during (or following) the invoice
- Easily integrate a bar code reader for items with serial number bar codes
- Easily select serial numbers during an inventory transfer
- Enter or sell serialized items randomly or sequentially
- Report on serial number activity by date, location or serial number range
- Trace any serial number in the system instantly
- Track specific costs by serial numbers that have been sold
There is no need to spend time searching through filing cabinets or multiple folders when you have the SIMMS 2013 Inventory Management system. Instead, the information remains at your fingertips, saving you both time and money. If any of the serial number management features listed above features are important to you, then SIMMS is the precise solution.
Contact us by phone at 604-504-7936 by phone or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you take the first steps towards the stock management solution you have been seeking.
SIMMS Serial Number Tracking system manages an unlimited amount of serial numbers from the time they are received into inventory until the time they are issued. This information is permanently recorded in the system, allowing inventory control personnel access to a wealth of historical and validation information.
The information maintained by the Serial Number Tracking system is extremely helpful when returning a defective item to your vendors or when verifying a returned item from your customers.
Rich and simple to use, SIMMS’ Serial Number Manager is a great weapon in your arsenal of accuracy and practicality. Contact KCSI today to find out more.